Change Management Tools
Change management tools are an important component of an organization's agility and flexibility.
By its nature, TrackerSuite.Net facilitates change management initiatives dealing with operational processes. Instead of dealing with multiple systems and their integration points in order to institute change, with TrackerSuite.Net, organizations with a single, universal system which can be reconfigured much more easily.
Support Tracker.Net, the TrackerSuite.Net help desk module, also includes tools for process change management within the organization. These processes may vary from a simple document review to a full scale change management procedure involving multiple steps. Users define these process steps in the form of specific fields and document layout structure. They also configure execution behavior for each step in configuring the whole business process. For example, a certain step may require formal approval.
Below is a sample flow diagram for a “Review and Deployment” process, an example of how Support Tracker.Net serves as a change management tool for process flow configuration and execution. This particular process demands an internal review on resolved tickets from the ticket Assignee. Further, it requires input from manager as per selected Support Category Breakdown Structure (SCBS) before the production environment is upgraded to deploy the fixes. Key documents are generated and relevant stakeholders are notified as the process progresses through the different stages of its lifecycle.
TrackerSuite.Net allows organizations to configure requirements and validation profiles for forms, such as requiring users to report a minimum amount of time each week on their time sheet, or assigning costs to account codes in a purchase request. This allows the business to control its processes within a single system, rather than requiring managers across the organization to enforce them, making it easier for policy changes to be managed..
TrackerSuite.Net also leverages email to automate management functions as well as processes, sending “Auto Nag” reminders for late time sheets and notifications of status report due dates, task and support ticket assignments, schedule changes and more.
In this process:
- The end user submits a Support Request and the first level manager of the Support Category Breakdown Structure (SCBS) is notified, based on the configuration of Support Tracker.Net.
- The first level SCBS manager checks the notification and then assigns the Support Request to an IT Person.
- The Support Request Assignee receives the assignment notification and initiates the process by sending the Support Request to the “Review and Deployment” process. The process creates the first document “Internal Resolution Document”.
- The Assignee reviews the ticket and provides internal resolution comments. If approved, the review process continues and another document “Under Manager Review” for SCBS Level 2 Manager is created. An email notification is sent to the Manager to review the process.
- The Manager enters review notes and marks the step as Review Successful to move the process forward. This creates the third document, “Production Upgrade” and notifies SCBS 2 Manager 2 to take over the upgrade to the production environment to deploy the fix.
- Finally, the process is completed by notifying the SCBS 1 Manager 1 and original Ticket Requestor about the ticket completion and deployment.