Defining tasks in an Earned Value Management system, where work is defined as a series of "terminal elements", is simplified in TrackerSuite.Net, in which a task is defined in a document which includes:
- The resources assigned, and the time allotted to them to complete the task. In conjunction with the employee's hourly Cost Rate, which is included in their profile in Personnel Tracker, this provides an initial Planned Value for the task.
- The duration and expected completion date of the task.
- The priority of the task.
- Subtasks for the work at in question.
- The budget category of the work involved, such as capital or non-capital.