TrackerSuite.Net 4.2 Released!
The latest release of TrackerSuite.Net offers organizations the ability to communicate and colloborate virtually to maximize their productivity. Tracker Suite 4.2 also provides efficiencies with our new Web 3.0 interfaces, data visualizations and effortless generation and distribution of business intelligence.
Automation Centre is extremely pleased to announce the latest version of its Cloud based enterprise productivity solution, TrackerSuite.Net 4.2. TrackerSuite.Net 4.2 offers a host of new features and improvements that will help organizations simplify, streamline, and automate core operational processes including Project Portfolio and IT Management, Time and Billing, Resource Management, Purchasing, Invoicing and CRM.
Project Scheduling Video
Individual Work Planning Video
Web 3.0 Interface Video
TrackerSuite 4.2 Release List
Application wide / Framework Changes
- New view technology is added in the system. These new views are rich in features and are faster and more scalable than old views provided in previous versions. New features include:
- Optimized performance especially for heavy views (2x-3x faster)
- Paging for grouped records
- Column locking feature, that allows users to freeze required columns
- Bringing data of visible columns on client side to improve performance
- Multiple search filters for string columns (, separated)
- Application security is tightened throughout the application to prevent attacks and unauthorized access. Following Security features are added:
- Multiple configurable security levels added to cater for security needs of different organizations.
- Cross site scripting attacks.
- XPath Injection attacks.
- SQL Injection attacks.
- Account locking on x number of password attempts.
- Introduction of CAPTCHA images to prevent BOT attacks.
- Show/Save friendly error messages for high security setting to avoid exposure of database schema.
- Type checking of parameters
- SAML 2.0 is fast becoming a worldwide standard for single sign-on. Support for SAML is added in application. TrackerSuite now supports both SP-Initiated and IDP-Initiated single sign-on mechanism.
- Added support for latest quick book online integration based on REST web services and three legged OAuth protocol as quick book has deprecated support for old SOAP base integration.
- System configuration on setup forms is divided in three levels. Initial config Level, Guru Level and Administrator Level. This will hide un-necessary complex sets of configurations from Administrators that are required by Gurus and hide certain configurations from Gurus that are only required for initial system configuration.
- A new notification dialog is added in the system that is called from all modules. This new dialog supports saving all notification in the database for record keeping.
- Support for creating and using notification templates is added in the framework. It allows you to define templates for different events/actions like contact creation, project creation, task notify etc. In case multiple templates are defined for same action, system allows you to choose one of the defined templates when notification is sent for that particular event.
- Change of terminology for OBS structure is made simple. Changing OBS terms on company setup will automatically fix it for all reports and forms. Support for centralized terminology change is also supported for Project Type and Project Category.
- Change the method for project selection on the basis of new Check box on Project Type setup form.
- All setup forms are made cross browser compatible so administrators can use a browser of their choice to manage/configure system.
- Tracker Suite is tested for compatibility with IE 11. All reported issues are fixed and now in V4.2 it is fully compatible with IE 11.
- To make setup forms more accessible, clicking on setup form link from menu will open setup forms directly instead of loading the grid view first hence saving user once step.
- A new import button is added on accounting company screen to allow you to import data for Chart of Accounts, Vendors, Customers and Products/Services.
- Inline editing for Project Manager Column. Gets removed even if you hit cancel.
- Super search issues are fixed and is made compatible to work with new view technology
- Provide a configuration on company setup to define cookie expiry duration for clients using Forms Authentication.
- Custom Grid export
- Confirmation dialog is shown before deleting a public view via View->Delete Public view
- Support is added in new views to allow sorting on computed columns
- Workflow state security is rewritten to fix existing issue and follow a logical decision making
- Resend and email approval functionality added for processed documents.
- A new option is added for people name selection (To, CC, BCC) on notification dialog that allows users to search a particular person/contact in all modules rather than searching them separately in each module like support / project / personnel tracker etc.
- When you change pay period begins field on company setup to some other day say Monday, it will update task assignment data accordingly.
- A new feature is provided in notification template that allows you to link default roles with a template. When that template will be used, default roles will be automatically ticked on new notification dialog.
- All email configurations that were scattered on company setup for SMTP, Email Threading and Email Approval are grouped together on a new tab “Email Configurations” to make it more usable and less confusing.
- System is now made capable of handling bounced back emails. Bounced back emails will now be returned to actual senders so that they know that emails were not delivered.
Customer Tracker Module
- All customer tracker views are converted to new view technology rolled out in 4.2 that supports features like column Locking, Paging on grouping in addition to optimum performance and scalability.
- Linked new notification dialog with Customer Tracker module that saves all the notification in the database and provides same interface for ease of use across application.
- Notify button added on Company Form that supports sending out emails to predefined roles as well as allowing users to select additional recipients.
- Opportunity Form: Update Status to "Win" when Percentage Odd is set to 100%
- Archiving contact doesn't archive associated opportunities. It allows user to associate opportunities to some other contact before archival of contact.
- Archiving contact doesn't archive associated contracts. It allows user to associate contracts to some other contact before archival of contact.
- Add primary contact, source and comments to all companies and my companies view
- Last/Next Activity option is added on contract screen to easily manage activities related to a contract.
- Contact email separator configuration is added while exporting email addresses. This allows users to export email addresses separated by (, or ; or some other character) to cope with different email clients.
- Document Management System is added for Customers/Companies. This gives users option to manage associated documents in a better way by allowing them to create versions, check-in/checkout option, document approval etc.
- Support is added in system to allow users to configure notification templates for actions like contact creation or contact assignment. A default template is also provided for each action.
- Date Created, Created By, Date Modified and Modified By columns are added for all customer tracker views.
- Notify buttons is added on new Document Management system to allow users to notify people for each document.
- Functionality is added in the system to allow Bulk Hand Off of customers form one site to another i.e. (From Sales to Production)
- IE9 compatibility tag is added on new customer tracker views to support older browser and still provide rich functionality of new views.
- Mail in function for customer tracker, where incoming emails will be automatically added as documents against customer’s record.
- Contact welcome email notification is added on customer tracker setup form.
Project Tracker Module
- New Gantt control is added in the system. This new Gantt is much more efficient and usable than old Gantt. It also is packed with host of new features that make it stand out from other Gantt controls around. Some of these features include:
- Inline editing for assignees and planned hours.
- Provision of critical path functionality.
- Showing baseline bars next to task bars to show variance.
- Print support for Gantt.
- Ability to set baseline from Gantt.
- Support for Lead and Lag time when adding Predecessors.
- Support for creating links (predecessors) by Drag & Drop in Gantt area.
- Drag & Drop feature to rearrange tasks.
- Saving only changed/dirty tasks to optimize performance.
- Task search feature to search tasks on large projects.
- Setting percent complete for different tasks (25%, 50%, 100% etc.).
- Inline editing for task status to mark tasks complete.
- Zoom to fit option.
- Highlighting long tasks.
- Bulk saving of tasks at end once all editing is done to make it more efficient and usable.
- Resource Availability report linked on new Gantt.
- Actual Date, Task Code and Task owner fields added.
- A new resource assignment window is added in the system (also integrated in new Gantt). This new resource assignment window includes new features like:
- Multiple scheduling modes (Normal, Fixed duration).
- Type ahead feature to select assignees.
- Support to add all team members on assignment window with one click.
- Planned vs Actual report linked on new assignment window.
- A new task board is added to help project managers and team member to give a bird’s eye view of all tasks for a project or a resource with a variety of filter list available to narrow down the tasks. This task board allows to:
- Drag & Drop tasks between various status pans to update their status like In Progress, Scheduled and Completed etc.
- Ability to edit an existing tasks
- Adding new tasks on the fly
- Saving multiple private views with the functionality to update/delete any of those private views
- All Project tracker views are converted to new view technology rolled out in 4.2 that supports features like column Locking, Paging on grouping in addition to optimum performance and scalability.
- Mail in function for project tracker, where incoming emails will be automatically logged as documents against projects.
- Linked new notification dialog with Project Tracker module that saves all the notification in the database and provides same interface for ease of use across application.
- Support is added in system to allow users to configure notification templates for actions like project creation, task creation, project notify, risk/issue creation etc. A default template is also provided for each action.
- Changes are made in status report to report following data as well:
- Task List/Task List (This Period)
- Issues List/Issues List (Open)
- Risks List/Risks List (Open)
- New columns added in new Gantt and task/task dashboard views for Task Code, Actual Date and Task Owner.
- Option added on Gantt to change constraint type for selected tasks in bulk.
- Clear colors option added on project and task color chooser
- Added feature to do inline editing for Task Status on Tasks view
- Added Lead/Lag time and Unit in Microsoft Project export
- Hyperlink to all parent tasks added on a task document.
- Misc. enhancements added in user dashboard like totals on top of hrs columns, inline editing of task status, selection of multiple tasks to mark them complete etc.
- Detailed status column added on Project dashboard.
- A new view added in the system to view all the archived project documents.
- System now support precision of up to two decimal places to better plan and process planned and actual hours fields.
- Security configuration added in the system that allows administrators to define which persons/roles can set baselines for projects.
- User dashboard added in the system where user can see his All/Open/Past Due tasks. He can also see breakdown of planned, actual hours for last week and next weeks.
- Charge time dialog is added on user dashboard that allows user to quickly charge time against a particular task.
- Project Type is used as filtering option in time and expense tracker. Change is made in system so that all project types will be available for filtering, unless "Do not use this project type as filter" checkbox is checked on Project Type form
- Added program name filter on resource availability by project report.
- Task code search is provided on new Gantt, enabling users to search tasks on the basis of both Task Name and Task Code.
- Option is added on new Gantt to create/edit task overview status
- New option is added on Gantt that allows you to select multiple tasks and Mark them complete.
- A new redesigned User Dashboard (Planning Board) is added that provides a very user friendly interface to plan work for the user. It allows user to allocate hours against his tasks and tickets by doing inline editing for this week and next week hours. User can also add more Tasks and Tickets. They can also move tasks from one week to next by changing start and end dates of tasks.
- Notification option is added when new team member(s) are added in the project. System also provides a default template that can be customized that is sent to the new team member(s) welcoming them in the team.
- Project Management (Portfolio Management) Board is added in the system. This will help managing, prioritizing different projects. Users will have the option to apply quick filters on the basis of Programs and Departments.
- A feature in incorporated in new Gantt (Tasks) page that allows you to Re Assign resources for this project. This feature is very helpful if a resource has left a project and you want to replace him with another resource. It can also be used if you have same/similar projects where different teams are working. You can create one project and assign resources. You can copy the project and on 2nd project you can use reassign resource option to change team 1 to team 2.
- Status report export options are grouped together for ease of use and it enables you to show/hide a group of options with one click.
Purchase / Payment Tracker Module
- Payment Request form has been converted to new form technology that makes it more usable and
- Option to Hide/Show fields
- Change the label for fields
- Compatible with a variety of browsers.
- Document Level Security – Who can read/edit/delete
- Workflow Status Security – Who can view and edit which section based on Roles and Workflow Status.
- Addition of workflow process to vendor document. It is optional and configurable. It allows you to Submit, Approve, Disapprove a new Vendor. It supports features like:
- Approval email notifications
- Workflow Status Security - Who can see which section based on Roles and Workflow Status.
- Admin Approve (Force Approve)
- Admin Reroute
- Admin Resend
- Ability to create a Vendor Request from Purchase Inbox.
- Added Vendor Request workflow notifications to Purchase and Common Inbox and Outbox
- Added Rich Text Editor and Attachment functionality on Vendor Form
- New set of configurations are added on Purchase tracker setup that allows users to configure following settings related to Purchase Requests:
- Option to Use Product List for Parts in place of Item List from Vendors
- Option to Hide Tax
- Option to Hide Freight
- Configuration is added on purchase tracker setup that allows people to be notified based on purchase order/change order amounts and person assigning the PO.
- Option to Request Vendor from Vendor Picklist on Purchase Request
- Finance Reviewer name/s column added to the View( hidden by default)
- Purchase Type Picklist changed to show purchase type description along with purchase type.
- Project Picklist changed to use Project Type filters configured in Project Type Profiles instead of having to configure in Purchase Setup.
- New set of configurations are added on Purchase tracker setup that allows users to configure following settings related to Vendor Invoice:
- Hide Vendor(Inv) Fields on Vendor Invoice
- Not allow submission of vendor invoice for selected purchase types if the quantities exceed the received good quantity
- Not allow creation of vendor invoice for selected purchase types
- Hide Post Button
- Show Terms on Vendor Invoice, which can be overwritten.
- Updated Vendor Invoice Posting to create individual row for each order line item in reporting table, if Coding Table is not used( previously only single row was being posted)
- Validation of Invoice amount with Order table amount (if coding table is not used).
- Fixed Currency related Issues.
Goods Receiving Note
- New set of configurations are added on Purchase tracker setup that allows users to configure following settings related to Goods Receiving Note:
- Hide Vendor(Inv) Fields on Receiving Note
- Disallow Receiving more quantity than ordered( Hiding option to allow exception)
- Not allow creation of receiving note for selected purchase types
- Hide Shipment Complete checkbox
- Receiving note column in all PO Views to allow you to create receiving note from view.
- Goods receiving notes documents are now available in Purchase and Common inbox and outbox for approval.
- Added Non-Income Account Code selection on Product Profile, so it can be used in Purchase Tracker as well as Invoice Tracker.
- New Stored Procedure to show PO amount, Paid Amount and Received amount.
- Fixed Account Code import and Validation problems
Support Tracker Module
- All Support tracker views are converted to new view technology rolled out in 4.2 that supports features like column Locking, Paging on grouping in addition to optimum performance and scalability.
- Functionality is added in the system to plan resources against support tickets. These planned hours are also available in resource availability report so you can have a consolidated picture of a resource planned schedule that gives a combined view of hours planned against tasks as well as support tickets.
- Support for automatic ticket creation against a predefined support request templates is added in the system. Users can now define support templates and choose a frequency like Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly etc. Support tickets based on these templates will be automatically created as per the defined frequency. These new tickets can automatically be assigned to resources on the basis of new ticket rule(s) functionality that was already available in the system.
- Linked new notification dialog with Support Tracker module that saves all the notification in the database and provides same interface for ease of use across application.
- Support is added in system to allow users to configure notification templates for Update Status. A default template is also provided for each action.
- A new field "Short Description" is added on support request form. This field allows users to have a more readable text on reports and notifications.
- Ability to delete emails from emails tab of tickets.
- Assignment Notes/Escalation/De-escalation notes is added to the Status Notes tab.
- Assign to me / Multiple Mark Complete functionality added on Open Ticket views allowing user to assign/complete multiple tickets in one go.
- Evaluation validation profile - Already in place - Fix Bug
- A new feature is added in the system that allows you to add a requestor if customer contact is not already in the database. It allows you to create a new contact and link him/her to the support request.
- Information about Contact's current time zone and whether their support contract is active is added on support request form so that support personnel know the best time to contact customer.
- New notification templates are added in the system for Ticket Assignment and Ticket Escalation events. Tracker provides a default template for these events. However, users have the option to customize and define their own templates for these events as well. In case of multiple templates for same event (i.e. Ticket Assignment) user will be prompted to select a template he wants to use.
Expense Tracker Module
- Changes made in Expense report so that new defined Workflow state security settings are compatible with it.
- Fixed issue on new expense tracker to allow inline editing for newly added rows. Previously inline editing will only work on first row and user was forced to make subsequent entries using a dialog.
Personnel Tracker Module
- All Personnel tracker views are converted to new view technology rolled out in 4.2 that supports features like column Locking, Paging on grouping in addition to optimum performance and scalability.
- Configuration added in personnel tracker setup to show either vacations only or to show all leave types including holidays on company calendar view and calendar widget.
- Set of new configurations are added on personnel tracker setup to not allow Overage (Requested Leave to exceed Available Leave) for selected Leave Types like Vacation, Sick and General Leave etc.
- Set of new configurations are added on personnel tracker setup to not allow users to submit leave requests for future years for selected Leave Types like Vacation, Sick and General Leave etc.
- Linked new notification dialog with Customer Tracker module that saves all the notification in the database and provides same interface for ease of use across application.
- Mass email functionality is added on People and People Utilities view. It allows you to select multiple people from the view and send them emails in bulk. These emails can be composed from scratch or you can send these emails on the basis of pre-designed templates. These emails are visible on each person’s email tab.
- New user welcome email notification is added on personnel tracker setup form.
- New columns are added on People Utilities view to show various licensing options enabled for users (Using Time tracker, Using Expense tracker etc.). This will allow administrators to search for group of people using a module (say time tracker) and do mass update or send mass email to them.
- A new option is added that will allow users to hide alert for adding vacation requests to their calendar.
Time Tracker Module
- A configuration is added in time tracker setup that allows users to define roles that are allowed to use “Open for Edit” feature on time sheets. Previously only administrators were allowed this feature.
- Project Pick list changed to use Project Type filters configured in Project Type Profiles instead of having to configure in Time Tracker Setup.
- Absence Profiles converted to V4 Style that has made it more usable. Following features are also added:
- Document Level Security
- Ability to add custom fields
- Rerouting option is added in the system for processed timesheets.