Web Based Agile Project Management Software
TrackerSuite.Net, a Web based Agile project management software solution, empowers cross-functional teams to organize, communicate and work together productively.
Agile project management encompasses several methodologies (including Agile modeling, SCRUM, Extreme Programming, DSDM and others). Characteristically, agile methodologies for projects promote development, teamwork, collaboration and adaptability throughout the endeavor.
The core philosophy that drives Web based Agile project management software, the Agile Manifesto, includes:
- Iterative development, focused on swift, continuous flow of useful, well-built deliverables.
- Strong, ongoing collaboration and communication among designers and business people.
- Adaption to changing circumstances and requirement changes.
The principle benefit of properly executed agile methodologies for projects is the improvement of customer satisfaction, through delivering requested solutions rapidly, with minimal (if any) defects or bugs, that correspond to their needs, even from their requests made during the development cycle.
TrackerSuite.Net, which combines the collaborative power of email with the flexibility and speed of Web based applications, provides a Web based solution for the project management process, with tools and functions that organizations can utilize to facilitate their Agile project management initiatives. TrackerSuite.Net offers a scalability across resource pools and locations that makes it an ideal solution for Agile project management. In addition, TrackerSuite.Net also provides features that can be leveraged for SOP 98-1 and Earned Value Management methodologies in the course of Agile software development projects.
- Experience TrackerSuite.Net Today!
- Register for immediate access to our demo site, and make a hands-on evaluation today.
The specific features that TrackerSuite.Net offers as a Web based Agile project management software solution include:
- Product owners and managers can track the activity of their sprint backlog utilizing Resource Availability views to monitor task assignments and workloads from a weekly or monthly view.
- TrackerSuite.Net simplifies Agile project management with a flexible Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Using the TrackerSuite.Net WBS, which also supports the creation of sub-tasks and dependencies, organizations can easily break down their Stories into discrete tasks for fulfillment.
- In TrackerSuite.Net, any date changes made to a project or task schedules can (at the option of the user), generate an automated email message that can be sent to project team members, managers, stakeholders and sponsors.
- TrackerSuite.Net sends automated email notifications to team members to submit status reports and "Auto Nag" reminders for late timesheets, ensuring that team members report on progress and actual time spent on an on-going basis, which in turn facilitates the generation of project reports, including burndown charts through the length of each sprint.
- TrackerSuite.Net provides functions that simplify the sharing of meaningful information, including the ability to email views of their color coded project dashboards and transform status reports into PowerPoint presentations.
- TrackerSuite.Net simplifies access to information by serving as a virtual project office portal, providing a central, secure location to project files and documents, which users can access from any location via the Web or their email client.
- Finally, the Tracker Data Warehouse, a Web based reporting engine, provides an array of reports that organizations can utilize to track the performance of their agile projects and programs, including reports on Activity Ledgers, Project Dashboards, and Project Burn Up reports.
The Agile Manifesto states the founding principles of agile methodologies for software development. It was drafted by 17 authors, each representing new methodologies (including Extreme Programming, SCRUM, Feature Driven Development, and others), who met to discuss the need for lighter alternatives to the traditional heavyweight methodologies.
The manifesto reads:
"We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work we have come to value:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Working software over comprehensive documentation.
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation.
- Responding to change over following a plan.
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more."
Other Applications of TrackerSuite.Net
As well as serving as a Web based Agile project management software solution, TrackerSuite.Net can be leveraged for a variety of production methodologies and standards compliance. Other uses of TrackerSuite.Net include:
- Capture of R&D Tax Credits, or SR&ED Tax Credits in Canada.
- Simplifying ITIL adoption.
- Compliance with the ANSI/EIA 748 standard for Earned Value Management.
- Compliance with SOX (The Sarbanes Oxley Act), as well as its Canadian counterpart, Bill 198.
- Automating Defense Contracting and DCAA Timesheet Compliance.